The human side of business.
Effective strategic leaders hold a special skill set combining business acumen with attributes that empower and motivate people.
In this time of great transformation, successful organizations are seeking leaders to be agents of change, to make the most of opportunities and unexpected challenges while fostering creativity, innovation and growth in the workplace. Strategic leaders inspire the confidence of customers, employees and other stakeholders while pushing boundaries that lead to new business initiatives.
This two-semester Post Diploma in Strategic Leadership will help you develop innovative and flexible strategies to successfully bring out the best in your teams. You will gain a thorough understanding of the principles and techniques necessary for leadership success in any given industry.
You will also build advanced communication skills to effectively connect with colleagues, promote teamwork, and prioritize workloads to ensure sustainable growth and prosperity for the organization.
We are entering a time of profound economic, social and technological change in the workforce. According to research, within this decade, all industry and business will be losing a large segment of their workforce to retirement — especially those in management and leadership positions.
We are amidst a skills revolution. With this training, you can help lead the charge!
Did You Know?
- Gain knowledge of legal and ethical standards as they pertain to business.
- Incorporate innovative leadership into current and future business strategies.
- Identify how organizational culture impacts leadership success.
- Apply key leadership models/behavior styles in different environments.
- Utilize technology tools for communication, collaboration, information management, and decision support.
- Analysis shows that senior professionals are quickly approaching retirement age and set to exit the workforce, leaving knowledge and leadership gaps across every industry.
- An Indeed job search for Strategic Leadership employment opportunities in November 2022 resulted in over 8,000 employment opportunities nationwide.
- Strategic Leadership is about people – mobilizing a vision and collaborating to guide innovative change to achieve results.
- Today’s leaders must continually upgrade their skills to effectively collaborate and meet the needs of the growing knowledge economy.
Upon successful completion of this program graduates will be able to:
- Apply appropriate legal and ethical standards
- Incorporate innovative leadership into current and future business strategies
- Identify how culture impacts leadership success
- Apply key leadership models/behavior styles in different environments
- Utilize technology tools for communication, collaboration, information management, and decision support
- Align a project to the organization’s strategic plans and business justification throughout the project management lifecycle
Each student will be assigned an academic advisor to help guide you through the college experience. They are trained to advise you on college-related issues or to make mutually agreed upon referrals for you to other college professionals.
Students intending to complete the program on a part-time basis (less than four courses per semester) will be contacted by their advisor to create an academic plan that will enable them to complete the program. A part-time student must complete the program within five years from the date of program enrolment.
Graduates of the Strategic Leadership program can expect to find employment in various sectors, including but not limited to, the corporate sector, non-profit organizations, government agencies, consulting firms, the healthcare sector, and the education sector. These organizations often require individuals with strategic leadership skills to manage resources, develop long-term plans, and drive growth, impact, and improvement initiatives.
Graduation from a recognized two- or three-year post-secondary diploma or degree, or a combination of other postsecondary work and industry experience acceptable to the College.