The Digital Fluency badge is intended to facilitate digital inclusion by providing the tools necessary for safe, productive engagement online. Over a two-week period, participants will learn the basics of online security, file management, document production and email generation for the workplace through face-to-face and virtual learning opportunities. Awarding of the badge requires successful completion of two micro-courses: Digital Essentials and Personal Cybersecurity.
Attendance at all sessions and successful completion of the following tasks:
- Security checklists (personal, internet, identity theft, email and home network security)
- Basic file management system setup
- Generation of word processing, presentation and spreadsheet documents
- Performance of efficient and secure internet searches
- Effective use of emails with attachments
Upon successful completion of the Digital Fluency Badge, participants will be able to:
- Perform basic computer and file management operations.
- Demonstrate how to use word processing, spreadsheet, and software for document creation effectively.
- Apply data security methods in the use of mobile devices, internet, social networking, email communication and cloud and network connection software.
Eligibility requirements include:
Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 5 or higher or the equivalent, and fit within the guidelines outlined under Enhanced Immigration Supports RFP, which include:
- Provincial Nominees
- Atlantic Immigration Program Endorsees
- International Students and/or Graduates
- Permanent residents of Canada,
- Protected persons (Refugees),
- Migrant/Temporary Foreign Workers
- Canadian citizens born outside of Canada