Capitalizing on skills.
Businesses are striving to meet their customers where they are. Influencer marketing, digital platforms, video reels and social media are changing the world of brand building and advertising and enabling businesses to connect with niche audiences. Being tapped into e-commerce trends today is no longer an option – it’s a necessity if businesses want to be competitive.
Essential to maximizing these tools is a strong foundation of marketing strategy and tactics, an understanding of trending and digital engagement and how to interpret the metrics, and the creation of consistent, high-quality content that helps build a brand and position it far and above the others.
Our three-year Marketing Management and Analytics program will help you capitalize on your natural go-getter skills with a combination of theoretical learning and practical experience. We cover a wide range of training, including market research, consumer behaviour, branding, advertising, digital marketing, artificial intelligence, design, customer experience management and sales management.
With us, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills necessary to develop effective marketing strategies and tactics for a wide range of organizations. You will be able to competently fill the roles of marketing coordinator, brand manager, advertising specialist, digital marketing specialist or sales manager.
You’ll be market ready – apply today!
Did You Know?
- Six-week work exposure to gain real-world experience in marketing
- Includes graphic design, artificial intelligence for marketing, customer experience management, and digital analytics
- Comprehensive management training for a high-demand, face-paced field
- Accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Transferable credits through CNA’s articulation agreements with Cape Breton University, Memorial University (Grenfell), Athabasca University, Griffith University, Northwood University, Okanagan College, Plymouth University, and the University of New Brunswick (Saint John)
- Social media was the #1 marketing channel in 2022.
- The #1 social media-related challenge for marketers is creating engaging content.
- YouTube is the number one social media platform on which marketers build communities.
- Consumers are most frustrated with inconsistent brand messaging.
- A 2022 survey found that nearly 80% of retailers who’ve dedicated resources to improving sustainability believe their efforts have resulted in increased customer loyalty.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in fundamental marketing concepts, including segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, pricing, and promotion.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies that are both effective and measurable.
- Analyze marketing decisions related to product, price, promotion, and distribution to provide viable business solutions.
- Utilize the latest digital marketing trends and tools, such as social media, search engine optimization, email marketing, and graphic design to achieve marketing goals.
- Make responsible and ethical decisions that align with organizational values and effectively communicate marketing strategies and results to various stakeholders.
- Exhibit the application of employability skills defined by the Conference Board of Canada to facilitate successful entry into the workplace and work collaboratively with team members from diverse backgrounds and skill sets to achieve common marketing goals
- Develop effective marketing plans that align with the overall business strategy and meet the needs of the target market while building customer relationships and customer experience strategies
- Collect, analyze, and interpret marketing data using various analytical tools such as Excel, Facebook Analytics, Earned Media Analytics, Google Analytics, and artificial intelligence tools
Eligibility for admission to Business Administration/Business Management programs requires the applicant to meet one of the following four academic criteria:
1. High School
Provincial High School Graduation Certificate with a 60% overall average in the following (or equivalent):
i. English 3201 or English 3202 (60% minimum)
ii. Mathematics (4 credits) chosen from:
Advanced: 2200, 3200 (50% minimum in each course)
Academic: 2201 (50% minimum), 3201 (60% minimum)
iii. Five credits at the 3000 Level
2. Comprehensive Arts and Science (CAS) Transition
Comprehensive Arts and Science (Transition) Certificate with the following courses:
i. Math Fundamentals: MA1040
3. Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Adult Basic Education (Level III) Graduation with Business-Related College Profile including the following courses (or equivalent):
i. English 3101A, 3101B, 3101C or 3102A, 3102B, 3102C
ii. Mathematics 1101A, 1101B, 1101C, 2101A, 2101B, 2101C, 3101A, 3101B, 3101C
Applicants with Adult Basic Education (Level III) Graduation with a different Profile may be eligible for admission to the program provided the appropriate selection of courses including those outlined above have been completed.
4. Mature Student Requirements
Applicants who do not meet the education prerequisites for this program, must be 19 years at the time of application and out of school for at least one year may be considered on an individual basis under the Mature Student Requirements; for more information regarding the Mature Student Requirements please refer to Procedure AC-102-PR Admission
International Students – Admission Requirements and Information
1. High School
i. Proof of senior high school/secondary school Diploma/Certificate with equivalent minimum grades for the required high school courses listed above.
ii. India applicants only – Proof of senior high school/secondary school Diploma/Certificate with an equivalent Grade 10 Mathematics (50% min.) and Business/Commerce Stream.
2. English Proficiency
All international applicants must meet the College’s English language proficiency requirements for acceptance into regular programs. The College will accept these recognized tests of English language proficiency (TOEFL paper based 550, TOEFL Internet based 79, TOEFL computer based 213 or equivalent, IELTS Academic Test overall band score of 6.0, or Pearson PTE 53 or greater, etc.).
If a language proficiency test other than those referenced above was used, applicants can forward for assessment.
If an international applicant has attended an educational institution (high school or post-secondary) for a period of three years or more where the official language of instruction was English, the English language proficiency test will not be required.
: Some programs may require specific English language requirements and proficiency scores that differ from those stated above; therefore international applicants are advised to please refer to the specific program admission requirements as identified in the College Calendar.
Graduates of this program may obtain employment in a variety of marketing areas such as
- Coordinator (Marketing)
- Social Media Marketing Coordinator
- Content Creator
- Content Manager
- Social Media Management
- Marketing Assistant
- Business Development Representative
- Chamber Representatives
Marketing Management and Analytics is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) in all campus locations. ACBSP is the leading specialized accreditation association for business education supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence.
The Marketing Management and Analytics program offers exit points after Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3.
*Students can graduate at the end of Year 1 with a Business Administration Certificate.
*Students can graduate at the end of Year 2 with a Marketing Diploma.
*Students graduate at the end of Year 3 with a Marketing Management and Analytics Diploma.
Graduates of the Marketing Management and Analytics program may have the opportunity to transfer credits to institutions/associations such as:
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Cape Brenton University, Sydney, Nova Scotia
- Athabasca University, Alberta
- Griffith University, Australia
- Plymouth University, UK
- University of New Brunswick, Saint John Campus
- Okanagan College, British Columbia
- Nothwood University, Michigan, USA
Graduates may also wish to further their studies to achieve professional designations with:
- Canadian Institute of Management (CIM)
- Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Canadian Public Relations Society
- International Personnel Management Association (IPMA) - Canada