|1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022
Survey Technician (remote position)
GeoVerra is in acceleration mode. Our growth is based on real partnerships, and we credit it to the people and culture that make us who we are to set us apart. In fact, your GeoVerra career will be unique to you, and that’s how we like it. We value your sharp skills, creative mind, and technical brain.
Working at GeoVerra is striking that ideal career balance. From boots (trekking in the field) to suits (in the office, but we keep it casual!) your job will be both dynamic and fulfilling. In fact, our company is known for its variety of challenges. Use your talents in teamwork, data collection, and science (bug spray application too), while getting your hands on the best equipment and technology available. You can go as far as you want to.
You + GeoVerra
GeoVerra is seeking a Survey Technician located in Canada (remote)
to join our pipeline team. Reporting to the Production Operations Manager, you will be responsible for data processing, quality control checks on field returns, survey calculations and project documentation for ongoing projects. Duties also include maintaining database of survey data and preparing pipeline as-builts utilizing GIS, CAD and FME tools.
Required Skills, Experience & Behaviours:
- Process survey data using Trimble Business Center and perform quality control checks on data and field procedures.
- Perform control network adjustment on the RTK / Conventional / Level data.
- Create alignments and corridors as per client supplied IFC drawings.
- Prepare files for field layout including CSV, RXL, DXF, TTM.
- Redline as-built drawings and alignment sheets.
- Maintain large point datasets through geodatabase management.
- Compile pipe tally, weld mapping and as-built data.
- Prepare Pipe as-built spreadsheets.
- Leverage various software (Excel, TBC, ArcGIS, FME, Civil3D, Skyline) to generate as-builts, reports, drawings in a timely manner.
- Provide training and support to team members.
- Process, manipulate and interpret point cloud data and extract as-built information.
- Summarize as-built construction progress in regularly scheduled reports.
- GIS mapping and drawing.
- Maintain and update geodatabase as field data comes in.
- Build topographic surfaces based on processed survey data.
- Earthwork volume calculations as per survey data and grading plans.
- Extract and manipulate LiDAR data from larger datasets.
The Partnership Promise
- Post-secondary training in a Geomatics, GIS, Civil Engineering or other relevant technical training/experience.
- Data manipulation using FME to work between various data formats and perform analysis.
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre, Excel and other survey calculation software.
- An understanding of the basic principles of surveying and survey plan requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or on an individual basis.
- The capacity to learn new software and be open to new ideas. Come up with creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify and set priorities.
- Ensure that the quality and accuracy of all client deliverables meet GeoVerra standards before they are delivered for checking.
- Able to work with Survey Field Supervisors and establish priorities and complete work duties with limited supervision.
- Able to work flexible hours during the week and occasional weekends.
- Effective time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of the pipeline construction process from preliminary planning through final construction.
- Ability to read IFC engineering drawings and translate into field files or deliverables.
This is our commitment to provide responsive, trustworthy, industry expertise and a solutions-oriented approach to our clients, but we extend this way of thinking in all we do. It shows up in the form of work ethic, teamwork, safety and support for our GeoVerra family.
Please apply on our careers page.
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022
BlackBerry is currently hiring over 150 positions for the Fall 2022 term in Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, Halifax & Burnaby, with a focus on the areas below:
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Software Development (including: QNX, Core OS, Android, Embedded, and Enterprise)
- Software Testing
- Hardware and Firmware Engineering
- Web and Application Development
- IT System Administration
- Cyber Security Analysts and Engineers
- And More!
- Human Resources
- Sales & Strategy
- Marketing and Social Media
- Project Coordination
- Environment, Health, and Safety
- Business Operations
- And More!
BlackBerry is a trusted security software and services company that provides enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure the Internet of Things. The company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cyber-security and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and embedded systems. In short, software is the new BlackBerry. You couldn’t choose a more exciting time to consider joining us!
We ask that all interested students apply directly to the job postings at BlackBerry.com/Students
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
CSIpix has become a significant force in the forensic field. We’re a growing team working towards a common goal: building elite forensics software to help crime scene investigators. Think CSI, the TV series, but in real life. You will be helping crime scene investigators worldwide identify fingerprints using our CSIpix software. While CSIpix is an established brand, there’s still lots to do as we expand our technology and market. Based in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, CSIpix is known for its extraordinary innovation and customer service. We work with the police in over 40 countries, including the RCMP, the French National Police, the Hong Kong Police, the majority of Canadian police agencies, and hundreds of police agencies at the national, state, county and municipal levels in the USA.
You will develop content relevant to potential customers and execute multi-touch marketing campaigns. Additionally, you will help plan, promote, track, and follow up on virtual and inperson events, including industry conferences and webinars. We are looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves, try new ideas, and help the company grow.
We think you’ll be a great fit if:
• You are analytical, creative, and curious
• You are eager to help solve problems both for our team and our prospects
• You enjoy interacting with people both digitally and by phone/video
• You’re a quick learner with new software tools
• You have a desire to understand the fascinating world of forensics
• You have a keen interest in technology and are a continuous learner
• Execute all digital activities, including SEO, SEM, email marketing, and social media.
• Proactively reach out to prospects.
• Utilize Zoho (CRM) to maintain an accurate pipeline and follow-up tasks, including managing our trial funnel.
• Research and generate ideas to help enhance brand awareness and lead generation initiatives across our target market. This includes traditional and non-traditional marketing channels.
• Analyze website traffic and marketing campaign data to identify opportunities to optimize performance.
• Work with the leadership team and partner consultant to design, develop, and implement digital and traditional communication strategies.
Type of experience and skills you’ll need:
• Experience planning, deploying, managing, and reporting on digital marketing campaigns.
• Experience with prospecting using phone, social and email. Outbound efforts do not intimidate you.
• Experience with CRM systems and marketing platforms for managing leads.
• Background in marketing communications, sales and willingness to be coached to accelerate your skills further.
• Willingness to take the initiative. • Attention to detail and organization. Excellent communication, writing and editing.
• Enjoy writing and creating content. Experience with writing website copy and blogs.
• Design skills using Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
• SEO and SEM skills
• Experience within the technology sector.
Why join us:
CSIpix is getting set to launch a new product, and we still have plenty of market opportunities with our current product portfolio left to uncover. We are looking for someone to grow with us with future leadership opportunities as we continue to expand.
• Competitive Salary
• Health benefit plan
• Flexible hours - hybrid work from home/office
Contact us: Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSIpix is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, sexual orientation, age, or any other status. All applicants are considered based on their qualifications and merits. At CSIpix, we inspire an environment of mutual respect, and we believe diversity and inclusion are crucial to our success.
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022
Project Manager, Bell Business Market
Req Id: 366081
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
During your orientation, you will be exposed to all aspects of project delivery that will prepare you for your role as project manager. You will learn the details surrounding the management of key operational processes including the compiling, analyzing, preparing and distributing of data and operational reports that assist our leaders in management of the department, resource planning and project status performance. You will also be exposed to our project and program methodology and the foundations of program and account management.
What’s in it for you?
- Ownership of work and projects to help drive company success
- An assigned mentor from the Bell senior leadership team
- Networking events to foster professional relationships
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills, being able to provide clear, complete, and concise verbal instructions and writtendocumentation
- Have the ability to deal courteously and effectively with people, to meet deadlines, to analyze and solve problems, as well as to interactand communicate effectively with a wider variety of levels of employees and external customers
- Be organized and highly effective at problem solving
- Have outstanding influencing and negotiation skills
- Work independently but understand the need to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be proficient in project management processes and tools including Microsoft Project, database, andpresentation software
- Have the ability to translate and communicate complex customer issues and their resolution to senior management client teams and beseen as a thought leader
- Perform comprehensive reviews of performance results
- Build weekly and monthly scorecards and dashboards for various business leaders
- Investigate, analyse and understand results and identify and prioritize improvement opportunities
- Build insightful executive presentations to share findings and influence stakeholders on next steps
- Enhance current reporting by creating templates and processes to measure key indicators
- Work with various teams including Finance, Product / Marketing, Delivery and Serve to understand and explain monthly, quarterly, andannual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Assist in the development of yearly operations targets by translating corporate initiatives into objectives
- Work with the technical teams to outline internal project reporting requirements, and assure reporting initiatives are completed accuratelyon time and within budget
- A Bachelors degree in an area such as Business Technology Management, IT, Engineering (Systems, Communications, Computer, Networking, IT Security), completed by the position start date
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : New Brunswick : Fredericton || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John's || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 05/16/2022
Apply Here: Project Manager, Bell Business Market (bce.ca)
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022
Recruiting Location : Location
No - Teleworking not available for this position
In this role, you will be part of a team that works closely with the military customer and other Serco teams to deliver quality and efficient services to DND. The Serco team has been recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for 4 years in a row and received the prestigious Atlantic Canadian Aerospace and Defence Association Industry Excellence Recognition Award for Gender and Diversity Excellence.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Complete assigned tasks, other related duties as per Supervisor direction and/or checklist designation.
- Dust, Replenish products, Empty trash, Sweep, mop, scrub, clean and wax floor surfaces.
- Able to lift supplies, equipment, boxes, etc. using proper techniques.
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners and other heavy equipment such as industrial carpet shampooers and buffing machine, including walk-behind and ride-on equipment.
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings.
- Provide housekeeping services to accommodation blocksReplenish cleaning/sanitary products as required
- Ensure janitorial closets and machines are clean, including tools and equipment.
- Remove and re-hang window treatments including dusting and spot cleaning.
- Change light bulbs.
- Visibly demonstrate Serco Values and work practices while completing duties.
The hourly rate of pay is $24.55 based on a total of 37.5 hours per week.
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Possession of a valid class 5 NL Drivers’ License is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability security clearance is required. May be required to upgrade to Secret Level II or Credit Check (dependent upon customer’s security requirements).
- Previous cleaning experience is required.
- Able to lift up to approximately 9kgs or 20lbs.
- Drivers abstract is required.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: email@example.com or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).
Click here to apply now
Refer a friend for this job
Share on your newsfeed
New to Serco?
Join our Talent Community!
|1 2 3 4 5 6 7