Web Development Assistant
Salar - Monday, February 19, 2024
Web Development Assistant
Salary: $25 per hour
Job type: Contract, Part-time
Opera On The Avalon is committed to embracing innovation and developing opera for the 21st century
by delivering outstanding productions of new repertoire that engage our public and propel our genre
forward. Identifying extraordinary artists from diverse communities, both established and emerging, and
providing opportunities for them to create their most imaginative and inspired work. Presenting
innovative programming relevant to the multicultural country of Canada that broadens and diversifies the
We are presently in search of a proficient web development assistant to facilitate the enhancement and
ongoing maintenance of our website. The preferred candidate will possess advanced expertise,
particularly in Wordpress. Content will be provided, while the primary responsibility of the role will revolve
around the systematic updates of our website, initially emphasizing the integration of a blog function.
This contractual position entails part-time commitment, averaging 10-15 hours of monthly workload,
subject to demand.
Update and maintain content on Opera On The Avalon's website.
Provide administrative oversight and recommend enhancements for optimal performance of OOTA's
Demonstrate proficient to advanced proficiency in utilizing Wordpress.
Coordinate the implementation of content additions, modifications, and enhancements.
Facilitate site building and integration, with a particular focus on incorporating a blog function.
Ensure the website is consistently updated to maintain user-friendly navigation and visual appeal.
Collaborate closely with Opera On The Avalon's team to align website updates with organizational
College or University level of education
Moderate to Advanced knowledge of Wordpress.
To apply or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
AME Apprentice’s Wanted
Thriving helicopter - Monday, February 19, 2024
AME Apprentice’s Wanted
Thriving helicopter company operating 12 aircraft: Bell 206 series and AS 350 Series Aircraft.
We perform All Line maintenance and component changes.
We are a Component Overhaul Shop for Bell Parts.
We do In House LTS 101 engine work.
If you are looking for:
Room to Advance, a full time, year-round position, then Taiga Helicopters may be the company for you.
What we can offer:
Type Courses paid for with contract to individual with buyout option.
Accommodations can be supplied (to be discussed in person).
Benefits (dental, drugs, eyewear, paramedical) (to be discussed in person).
Overtime pay (to be discussed in person);
Salary to be discussed.
If you want to learn more about a career at Taiga Helicopters (1993) Ltd., please contact:
Attn: Paul Law
HOME CARE SUPPORT WORKER NEEDED
NEED A WO - Wednesday, February 14, 2024
HOME CARE SUPPORT WORKER NEEDED
NEED A WORKER TO PROVIDE HOME CARE FOR TWO AUTISTIC BOYS AGES 10 AND 12 YEARS OF AGE. WOULD BE REQUIRED TO WORK AFTER SCHOOL AND WEEKENDS WHILE BOYS IN SCHOOL AND MORE FELIXABLE HOURS DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS.
25 HOURS PER WEEK @ $17.05 PER HOUR PLUS VACATION PAY.
CALL 709-660-8493 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Summer Route Sales Representative (SRSR)
Are you - Monday, February 5, 2024
Summer Route Sales Representative (SRSR)
Are you hungry for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast-paced, diverse organization? If so, you have a future at Frito Lay. The Summer Route Sales Representative role is a great opportunity to start building your career at Frito Lay, leading to the opportunity to join our Co-op or New Grad programs in future terms.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to gain exposure to PepsiCo’s Co-op or New Grad programs
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole self to work
- A chance to win our Top Summer RSR Award with a $1500 bonus
- Ability to grow your earnings through performance
You will develop and sustain a growing snack foods business and leverage your skills by selling and delivering our products to your assigned group of retail customers at grocery stores, gas stations, and convenience stores. Your responsibilities will include:
- Merchandising: Merchandising store shelving with Frito-Lay Products, handling cardboard carton returns, rotating inventory to ensure products remain fresh for customers and cleaning shelving and racks.
- Driving & Delivering: Operating a route sales truck including loading, unloading, and delivering product as you travel between your assigned group of retail stores OR operating your personal vehicle along an established route.
- Selling & Ordering: Executing national and local promotions, displays, and racks, ordering sufficient product inventory for customer volume demands, and ensuring frequent
- Available to work full time from May to September
Why work at PepsiCo
- Valid full G or class 5 driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Preference for those enrolled in a college/university program
- Able to work early mornings and weekends (starting as early as 5 am!)
- Your own vehicle, or daily access to a vehicle
- Physically active/strong - able to lift approx. 50 pounds and be on your feet all day
- Strong independent worker who can stay motivated with minimal supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills (can handle multiple priorities, problem solve, and meet targets)
At Frito Lay Canada, we are the saviours of the smiles and heroes of the hangry. You’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day. A career at Frito Lay Canada means working in a culture where everyone’s welcome. It takes a lot of muscle power and pride to create products that deliver smiles. This is a place where you stand out when you join in. Become a Frito Lay Canada team member.
How to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume application to email@example.com
Student Employment Opportunity (Part Time)
Campus - Monday, February 5, 2024
Student Employment Opportunity (Part Time)
Campus/ Department: Bay St George Campus – Student Services
Applications are invited for the following part time student position at the College of The North Atlantic.
Student Work and Service Program (SWASP)
SWASP applicants must be returning to post-secondary in the 2023-2024 academic year.
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Student Services Assistant (1 position SWASP)
Assist the Student Services department with several student services related activities.
o Prepare/Assist with Violence Prevention Month,
o Prepare/Assist with Winter Carnival Activities and Multiculturism Month Event in March.
o Other related duties.
Work Area/ Office:
• DSB Fowlow Building , Bay St. George Campus
The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. These skills would normally be acquired through the completion of at least one year of post –secondary program, preferably for students who have completed at least one year of a Business Administration, Executive Office Management, Community Leadership Development, or CAS: Transition program. The student must possess excellent communication skills and be able to work with a team or independently.
Duration: 32 hours
Proposed Start Date: February 9, 2024
Proposed End Date: March 4, 2024
Salary: $7.50 /hour student salary ($60.00 weekly salary) and $7.50 /hour tuition voucher ($240.00) applied to the student account at the end of eight (4) weeks.
Send your Resume, Cover Letter and References to:
Vanessa Lee, Student Development Officer
Please note, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
An interdenominational Christian inn - Friday, February 2, 2024
An interdenominational Christian inner city rescue mission in Edmonton, Alberta.
“Hope Mission exists to serve, strengthen, and uplift men, women, youth and children through the life-changing
gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Hope Mission Summer Camps exist to provide a summer camp experience for children from mostly single parent, foster and group homes. We run on a pay-what-you-can registration fee and provide bus transportation from Edmonton and Calgary to our camps in order to reduce financial and transportation barriers for the families we serve. Hope Mission Summer Camps are focused on developing camper-counsellor relationships. Campers spend the day in their cabin groups. Cookouts, cabin group activities, meals, Bible studies and devotions, and special activities all help to provide opportunities to have an impact on the campers that are with you for the week.
Brightwood Ranch is hiring for the 2024 Camp Season! We are located one hour West of Edmonton, Alberta. Come be a part of making a difference in a youth and child’s life this summer. We have 2 month and 4 month contract positions with varying competitive wages.
Visit us at our Brightwood Ranch Website
Find more information on our 2024 Staff Information Pamphlet
4 Month Contract Positions:
Mainsite Program Lead
Male/Female Head Counsellor
Crew Program Lead (Youth Development)
Camp Nurse/First Aid Attendant
Spiritual Life Coordinator
2 Month Contract Positions:
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are:
Superior Glove is a - Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Who we are:
Superior Glove is a family-owned company with over 100 years in designing and manufacturing innovative hand protection for every major hazard. We innovate to fit the protection workers need into comfortable PPE they’ll want to wear. Headquartered in Acton, Canada, Superior Glove has grown from humble beginnings to a global contender, with several locations across Ontario, Newfoundland, Alberta, Quebec, Honduras, New York, Louisiana and Mexico.
The ideal candidate:
If you have superior communication skills, are a highly analytical, innovative and motivated individual with the ability to provide appropriate business solutions, please read on! If you consider yourself to be a positive individual that embraces innovation and enjoys supporting teams throughout the implementation process of new projects and programs, this may be the role for you!
We are currently recruiting a Human Resource Administrator to work in our Springdale facility located in Springdale, NL with the ability to travel to the Point Leamington facility as required.
More about the role:
Reporting to the Senior HR Generalist, the Human Resources Administrator is responsible for overseeing the onboarding process for new Team Members as well as daily administrative work including but not limited to scanning confidential documentation to Team Member electronic files and HRIS, answering telephone inquiries and other administrative duties as assigned. As the successful candidate, you will be maintaining employee data. Communications, general office administration and project work all the while being innovative & collaborative.
This individual is highly skilled at organizational skills, above average communication skills, both written & verbal. They are very detailed oriented and can multitask. Must have great computer skills, highly skilled at Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Have an ability to deal with sensitive matters and all types of people both inside & outside the company. They must be able to treat all situations & information with confidentiality.
• Responsible for administrative support for the Springdale facility, and as to support as required for the Point Leamington location in Newfoundland.
• Act as first point of contact for all HR inquiries for internal and external customers. Greet and direct all inquiries to appropriate channel / contact.
• File and save team member documentation / file management according to internal processes, maintaining confidentiality and following retention schedules.
• Maintain office supplies and records for various service agreements and contracts, track vendors, products and expenses. Send invoices to home office for timely payment and/or reconciliation.
• Support new hire onboarding through orientation presentations, preparing new hire packages, collection of documentation and HRIS entries within time frame payroll processing.
• Set up and maintain security access cards and audit daily time clock information.
• Collaborate on internal communications with Home Office HR group. Maintain internal communication boards up to date.
• Coordinate social events in collaboration with the Operations Manager
• Promote recognition program and employee engagement initiatives through various internal communication channels.
• Maintain training records and updating HRIS
• Coordinate training sessions, including ordering food and materials, and assisting with sourcing vendors.
• Participate in Health & Safety meetings and activities as a certified member. Conduct safety orientation sessions and report and track incidents.
• Track and follow up on injury claims, modified work and short term leave of absences.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Administration
• Post-secondary degree / diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, Labour Relations or related field; HR designation preferred
• Proficient in MS Office with knowledge of HRIS system(s)
• Excellence in prioritization & multitasking; high attention to detail
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Holds self to high expectations & confidentiality.
• May be required to work off shift hours for orientation on other shifts
• Holds a valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record; must be willing and able to travel
Why work for us?
Superior Glove is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work culture to ensure every voice is heard and valued.
When you work at Superior Glove, you are part of the family!
Some of the benefits/perks include:
• Yearly contenders and recipients of multiple prestigious awards including Canada’s Best Managed for over 10 years, Canada’s Safest Manufacturer, Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces, Canada’s Excellence Business Award and more!
• Fantastic Health & Wellness benefits, including RRSP contribution program
• Enjoy our Recognition Program to gain access to fantastic rewards!
• Take part in community and company events, staff lunch adventures and annual barbeques!
To apply, please visit the career page through our website at www.superiorglove.com/careers. We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by “Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
VILLA NOVA PHARMACY, Conception Bay South, is look - Tuesday, January 30, 2024
VILLA NOVA PHARMACY, Conception Bay South, is looking for an energetic and dynamic PHARMACY TECHNICIAN to join our team! – SIGNING BONUS OFFERED!
Position Type: Full-time (35-40 hours/wk)
Location: Villa Nova Plaza, 130 Conception Bay Highway, Conception Bay South,NL
Salary: Above Average; Commensurate with Experience
Hours: Shift Work
- To assist in providing pharmacy services
- Enter patient information in pharmacy software and prepare medications for patients
- Interact with patients in delivering medications and completing other sales transactions
- Provide training to patients on pharmaceutical devices
- Technically check prescriptions and blister packages
- Other duties include: handling cash, ordering and receiving product, and adjudicating to insurances
- Assisting in any other day-to-day operations of the pharmacy
- Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician program
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong motivation to succeed
- Knowledge relevant in the technical and clerical aspects of the pharmacy profession
- Proficient computer/data/entry skills with Kroll Software
Interested individuals can email email@example.com
Conservation Corps NL  - Monday, January 29, 2024
Conservation Corps NL
In partnership with
The Salmonid Association of Eastern Newfoundland
(Location: St. John’s)
Internship Position: Watershed Assessment Project Coordinator
SAEN is a volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and wise management of our trout and salmon resources in Newfoundland and Labrador.
The Watershed Assessment Project Coordinator will contribute to watershed assessment and management planning for select salmon rivers on the Avalon Peninsula. This position will lead a review of existing information on selected watersheds and assist in developing a project plan for field surveys to be conducted. They will be responsible for organizing and participating in community meetings to gain knowledge on local factors that may be affecting salmonid populations; conduct research into effective watershed management plans being implemented elsewhere and make recommendations on elements to be considered in developing a project plan for selected watersheds; assist in field studies related to surveying habitat and collecting water quality data; provide associated reports and data to SAEN management; other duties as required.
Activities and responsibilities:
? Formal review of existing information on select watersheds and associated reporting
? Assist in developing field survey plans based on review and research
? Organizing and facilitating community meetings
? Watershed management research with report outlining recommendations for project plans
? Assist in field studies related to surveying habitat and collecting water quality data
? Administrative duties
? Other duties as required.
Position is for 12 weeks starting on March 18th or as soon as possible
Rate of pay: $18.00/hr for 35 hours per week
? Strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
? Superior verbal and written communications skills
? Ability to manage priorities and balance workload
? Outgoing personality
? Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, and virtual meeting software
? Post secondary in Biology, Environmental Science, Fishery Management or some equivalent is preferred
? Experience working with non -profit groups, community groups and the public will be considered an asset
? Laptop can be provided; however, some may choose to use their own. Access to the internet will be required.
? Access to a vehicle with proper insurance is required. Travel will be reimbursed when required to travel for work purposes.
? SAEN will provide needed training/ knowledge on the Organization itself. Our project partners in DFO and MUN will also provide training in the use and deployment of equipment that is to be used in field studies.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER AND 3 REFERENCES TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Mail: Suite 100, 10 Austin St, St. John’s, NL, A1B 4C2
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS: MARCH 3, 2024
For more information please go to www.ccnl.ca or contact Shelby Beals at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tradesworker II (Po - Friday, January 26, 2024
Tradesworker II (Power Engineer 4th Class)
Tradesworker II (Power Engineer 4th Class) Permanent Full Time
Location: Labrador City, NL 55655POS
Reporting to the Regional Director of Physical Infrastructure Support through the Team Leader located at the Labrador West Health Centre. The primary purpose of this position is to provide sub-professional engineering work on the technical based infrastructure throughout the Labrador West Health Centre.
" High School Diploma or equivalent;
" Valid 4th Class Power Engineering certificate to operate and maintain a heating plant and air-conditioning plant in Newfoundland and Labrador;
" A minimum of two years' experience is preferred;
" The successful applicant will be required to submit a satisfactory certificate of conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
" Operates and maintains a heating plant in a safe and orderly manner;
" Inspects boilers, mechanical, and electrical equipment for proper operation;
" Responsible for necessary repairs to the heating plant system and auxiliary equipment and adjustments to boilers, pumps and auxiliary equipment including air conditioning and related equipment;
" Tests boiler water and adds chemicals, (use chemicals in accordance with WHMIS regulations);
" Responsible for periodic readings around boiler room and electrical room, completes boiler room log every shift, completes appropriate forms as pertains to the operation of the heating plant;
" Follows government regulations as put out by the Department of Labour, Boiler Inspection Branch;
" Responsible for general clean up of boiler room, electrical room and diesel room area;
" Changes over oxygen cylinders, N2O cylinders, propane cylinders;
" Does pipe work throughout the hospital, cleans out radiators, changes filters in sterilizing filtering units in CSR and OR;
" Proficient use of the CMMS work order system.
" Performs other related work as required.
Salary: " CG-29 of the NAPE HS salary scales $26.54 to $29.48 per hour plus the applicable Labrador Allowance.
Hours of Work: " 75 hours biweekly; variable shifts.
Interested applicants please submit resume, stating competition number 2023000703 to:
Labrador - Grenfell Regional Health Authority
Labrador West Health Centre
1700 Nichols-Adam Highway
Labrador City, NL A2V 0B2
Apply online: www.careers.lghealth.ca
Posting Date: December 22, 2023
Closing Date: December 29, 2023
cc: NAPE HS