Reboot Plus is a 16-week essential skills training, hope-centered career development program for youth between the ages of 17-24. It offers participants an opportunity to learn about careers that are of interest to them and about what it’s like to attend a post-secondary institution. The program supports participants in developing an Action Plan
based on self-knowledge, transferable skills, education goals and possible career paths, with the goal of creating a flexible map for the future. Participants will meet at the College of the North Atlantic twice a week for 2.5 hours each session and will work independently outside the scheduled time to complete other activities.
These objectives and outcomes are to:
- Enable youth to gain a deeper understanding of themselves in order to develop an action plan for their future
- Reengage youth participants with education pathways and career choices
- Improve youth participants’ confidence and hope in their futures
- Make potential employers aware of the employability of this demographic and the ways they can contribute to their mission.
Eligible participants include:
- Youth aged 17-24 who
- have not completed high school
- are currently struggling to complete high school
- Minimum of grade 10 completion.
- English language proficiency (TOEFL paper based 550, IELTS Academic Test overall band score of 6.0, or the equivalent).