The Pathways Program for Internationally Educated Professionals
is an exciting new program designed to assist newcomers to Canada by helping them bridge their international experience and training to the needs, demands and expectations of a local workplace. The program supports individuals who intend to work in their current field of study by connecting them with local industry experts and professional peers.
Participants in the program will gain the ability to:
- Gather information and guidance about the labour market as it relates to their chosen field
- Develop and adapt an individualized career plan
- Acquire certifications for workplace safety often required by local employers
- Communicate more effectively in the workplace
- Establish a professional network within their chosen industry
Eligible participants must possess the following:
- Proof of English language skills Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 6 or higher (e.g., IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.5 or the equivalent).
- Proof of successful completion of post-secondary training outside of Canada
- Newcomers residing in NL*
*Newcomers residing in NL including those who are: Provincial Nominees, Atlantic Immigration Program Endorsees, International students and/or graduates (including their spouses and dependents), Permanent residents of Canada, protected persons (refugees), Migrant Workers, Canadian Citizens born outside of Canada