The 12-week Blaster program will provide participants with the necessary educational requirements to complete a Level I Certification exam. Throughout the program, participants will acquire the skills and training necessary to be successful in blasting and drilling occupations. Participants will complete safety certifications and learn the theory necessary to successfully perform blasting operations. The 12-week program is composed of theoretical and practical training components, which will provide participants with the theory, training, and practical prerequisites necessary for challenging the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Government Certification exam, which will be completed on the last day of the program.
Upon completion of the Blaster program, participants will:
- Be prepared to write the Provincial Level I Certification exam.
- Possess the safety certification and training necessary for safe work in the field of blasting and drilling.
- Eligible participants must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent. Students who do not meet the educational requirements may apply for consideration under the Mature Student Regulations.
- English as a second language speakers must provide proof of English language skills (e.g. IELTS 6.0; CAEL 60; MELAB 78; TOEFL 550* or an equivalency).
- Applicants will be required to submit a current criminal record screening certificate/police records check.